Wednesday 17 October 2012

Magazine Haul


I LOVE YOU, LULA, 1883, MONKI & CLASH.
Last Friday my media analysis class were sent to London on a magazine treasure hunt. Needless to say i went over the top spending wise but oh my god was it worth it, out of the five pictured i have only ever bought Lula, (with little success i attempt to buy every issue), so felt it was time i branched out! One of my two favourite's have to be Clash, which is actually a music magazine although i was lucky enough to pick up last years fashion issue featuring a a huge piece on Meadham Kirchhoff! The article focuses on the S/S12 collection, (my favourite to date!) and below is Ed Meadham's Riot Grrl Playlist:


 My second favourite of the five is Monki, a sister publication to the fashion brand of the same name. The magazine has a DIY feel to it and although only features its own clothing, the publication doesn't appear as an advertisement tool, which is a nice change for consumer magazines. Eleanor Hardwick, rookie photographer,      
 curates a piece featuring young artists responses to their female icons, which is super cool! (See below)

No comments:

Post a Comment